Monday, August 24, 2009

"Not me" Monday



This Monday brings us an installment of "Not my" Monday, a blog carnival hosted by MckMama over at My Charming Kids. Check out her site...it never disappoints.

During the weekend of The Move, I absolutely did not fall off the nourishing food wagon. I was not tempted in the least by the 3 large pizzas we ordered to feed our work crew. Nor did I hear the ice cream calling to me that came along with the meal graciously brought to us by a family from church one night, OR the plate of cookies which arrived with the second meal on Saturday night. Nope, not me! I am never tempted by the kinds of foods I used to thoughtlessly eat. Nope, not me!

Along those lines, I definitely didn't suffer many physical symptoms for days afterward, causing me to repent and quickly climb back on said nourishing food wagon. Begone, white flour and white sugar!

While cleaning out a bathtub in the empty house, I for sure didn't make myself cry by singing "If These Walls Could Speak" and thinking about all that had gone on in that bathroom. Because there is nothing nostalgic about potty training, nor any other bathroom activities.

Last week Jeff and I absolutely did not accidentally leave our van unlocked one evening, after arriving home late from Bible study. We certainly weren't so intent on getting the boys into the apartment and to bed that we forgot to secure our most important family vehicle. Consequently, the next morning, I definitely didn't find that our car stereo (CD player) had been stolen out from under our noses. No way! We would never have even one oversight, resulting in such a sad loss. And we definitely wouldn't have left our camera in the van too, which had photos from our last family visit to the old house, to say goodbye... Things like us never happen to us. Especially not during that week.

I am so not going to miss having a car stereo during our upcoming 9-hour drive to Idaho. Because I rarely listen to music while on the road...

Over the weekend, I certainly did not spend nearly $60 on a cleverly-designed t-shirt and maternity pajamas. No way, not me! I mean, why pay $37 on pajamas when I can just as easily sleep in my husband's shirt? I have not always wanted to buy some, but either way I definitely wouldn't have succumbed while in my 5th pregnancy. No. Way.

Speaking of my older children (sort of), I absolutely do not continuously implore a certain one of my children to "please, please keep your voice down." I care nothing for what my apartment building-mates think of me, my family, and boys specifically. So what if they believe that a band of hooligans has moved in? Let kids be kids!

I am totally not sneezing my head off today. But if I were, I'd blame the White Flour lapse...

5 comments:

Searching for God in the everyday said...

Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear about your stereo and camera. Ugh! That's terrible! Especially since he camera had pix on it. =(
Glad to see you back! =)

Kristin said...

So sorry your stereo was stolen, but I'm practically in tears myself thinking of your camera! I get attached to pictures.

Foursons said...

Oh my goodness, I'd be so upset about the stereo and camera. But ESPECIALLY the camera! How awful!

Mindy said...

We were pretty sick about the camera and the lost pictures. But the new owners weren't moving in until the next evening, so we were able to go the next day and get some exterior shots. I guess the interior photos are lost for good, though. :( I'm so glad I got those photos from a few posts ago...

paige said...

i wanna see a pic of the jammies!!