Monday, January 12, 2009

a ridiculously delicious recipe

I made this recipe last week (I was recently given a food processor, and I am loving it!) and it has been a huge hit! Our entire family loves this stuff (aside from Owen, who is too young for honey yet, poor soul) and has been devouring it. In fact, I will have to make it again this week, or we will run out. It is utterly delicious, way better than any other almond butter I have tried. I encourage you to give it a try!



Almond Butter

2 cups crispy almonds*
3/4 cup coconut oil (I prefer extra virgin)
2 T. raw honey
1 t. sea salt

Place nuts & sea salt in food processer and grind to a fine powder. Add honey and coconut oil, process until the mixture becomes smooth. It will be somewhat liquid but will harden when chilled. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Serve at room temperature.
~From "Nourishing Traditions" by Sally Fallon

*
"Crispy" refers to soaked and then dehydrated almonds. I'm sure raw or roasted would work fine, too.

No comments: