Monday, January 12, 2009

"Not me!" Monday

Another edition of "Not me!" Monday, as cleverly and catharticly created by MckMama at My Charming Kids.

I absolutely, completely, did not daydream about baby names, several times, while nursing my 10-month-old this week. Because (honestly!) (1) I am not pregnant, and (2) we are not anticipating a pregnancy any time soon. And even if I were pregnant (which I am truly NOT), I would give my husband a little peace about baby names, and not hound him from the moment of the positive test on. Because I'm not at all obsessed by baby names. Nope, not me...

I certainly didn't refer to my 3-year-old's relentless, nonsensical chatter as "noise pollution" the other day. Because what kind of a mother would do that?

I also didn't walk around muttering about gypsies. Nope. No way.

If there was anyone wandering restlessly through my house this weekend, searching for something to satisfy her sugar craving without compromising her goals, it certainly wasn't me. Because I couldn't care less about sugar, and I certainly haven't struggled since I've stopped eating the last of the carob chips in my trail mix. And my homemade chocolate chips are entirely sweet enough with just the amount of Rapadura I used to make them.

Definitely didn't leave not one, but two laundry baskets full of folded clothing in my bedroom at night. Because my bedroom is strictly to be used for sleep & sex, and I refuse to let any remnants of my housework sitting around to distract me from those two worthy ends. And I always put laundry away the same day that it's washed. Maybe even the day before it's washed.

Speaking of work, I do not have a number of materials to make for our homeschool (starting Wednesday! bright and early! we'll be there or be square!), but am instead choosing to work on a silly ol' blog entry...

1 comment:

Sarah, Nathen, Aiden, and Evan said...

OKay if I didn't have a sleeping hubby and infant in my room right now I would be laughing outloud. YOu are really a good and entertaining writer. I'm glad that you posted your blog address on your facebook page. I think its going to my favorites. BTW how was your first day of homeschooling? I hope it went well for you.