Monday, January 5, 2009

"Not me!" Monday

Although rainy days and Mondays always get me down, here again is "Not Me!" Monday, as inspired by MckMama at My Charming Kids.

While we were without electricity, I did not throw out a bowl of soaked black beans, as well as a bowl of soaked quinoa, because I was at a loss at how to cook them. Even if I had not known what to do with those things without a working stovetop, I certainly wouldn't have just thrown them out. A really inventive mom would figure out a way to cook them. Maybe on makeshift poles over the gas fireplace. Or by rubbing two soggy sticks together. Or maybe by holding it over the kerosene lamp. But dumping them out? Nope, not me.

Also along the topic of our power outage, I did not have a family room strewn with wet laundry, all hung up to dry. And if I did, it would be better organized than to make the room almost completely impassable. Especially since that's the only route to the downstairs bathroom...

And while cleaning out my purse last week, I definitely didn't find that pair of little boy's Elmo underwear, still tucked in there. Absolutely not. That boy needs all the clean underwear he can get his hands on!

I did not recently write and publish a post which I knew would be a bit unpopular, and maybe even make people uncomfortable. Nope, not me! Because I am by nature fairly meek, and I hate to do anything that might stir the pot a bit (true, actually!).

Speaking of sugar, I most definitely did not just throw out about six cupcakes that were well over two weeks old. They would have certainly have been moldy by then, and I would never let them sit in a pan and get buried by coupons and placemats while they got more and more gross. That would be utterly disgusting. I know the shelf life of food. And my kitchen is not the place for science experiments. Certainly not!

And to be sure, I do not have anywhere near as much fun playing the Wii as my boys do. Certainly not...I mean, I'm a grown-up! And I definitely didn't love kicking some old-fashioned butt at bowling last week. Me? I'm not competitive at all.

Does anybody wanna Wii? We could do some bowling, one on one...

4 comments:

Jeff said...

I'll beat you at bowling tonight. ;)

Anonymous said...

I can hardly wait to beat you next time we come to your house. I love wii bowling...and baseball, and I'll bet I can get the swing of tennis, too, with more practice. Oh, and I'm looking forward to checking out some of those recipes. I know one thing; I have so much more energy since I've cut way down on - and almost eliminated - refined sugar and white flour.

Jeff said...

What was the score last night, honey? ;)

Mindy said...

Oh, I can't seem to remember...