Friday, January 2, 2009

northern exposure

While we were in Idaho visiting my parents, my mom and I snuck away one afternoon. The area where they live is great for snowshoeing, and we were gone for 1 1/2 hours. It was so peaceful and beautiful!

Here is Mama

On their property there is an assortment of old buildings, including an authentic outhouse (right). When my family visited here in the 1980's, that was the only option for "facilities." Ah, memories!


Here I am in my snowshoeing glory. I have never been a very athletic person, but I love to snowshoe! Somehow it just seems so vigorous and refreshing. The cool air, the exercise, the crunch of snow under my feet. I love it.

The snow was too deep for the dog, Pete. He turned back at about this point. Too much work without the proper equipment on your paws.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Deb said...

That looks so fun! And beautiful!

Brigetta said...

I love snowshoeing too! It's a lot more work than it looks so you're right, it's great excersise.

Rena said...

I've always wanted to try snowshoeing! Glad you were able to manage to make the trip up there. What an amazing amount of snow the West has been having.
PS--I like your Rich Mullins mix!