Monday, January 26, 2009

"Not me!" Monday

Aaaaaaaaand, here we go again, with "Not me!" Monday, as created by the creative and groovy MckMama at My Charming Kids. Hold on tight!

I did not work my tail off this week, trying to get my house in viewing order for any prospective buyers. I didn't organize closets, scrub floorboards, sweep, mop, clean bathrooms, do toilet patrol (lest my children neglect to flush), obsessively pick up toys, followed by sweeping and mopping again. Because, as we've established, I keep my home in pristine order. Every second of every day. I am a model housewife, you know!

Speaking of prospect house buying...Jeff and I did not go house shopping this week. And if we had, we certainly wouldn't have let ourselves fall in love with the third house we visited. Because, after all, if you don't have a buyer yourself, you definitely shouldn't get too attached to any particular future home.

Also, I do not sit up at night fantasizing about how I would arrange furniture in said house. Nor do I daydream about how lovely it would be to cook in that marvelous kitchen...

I did not cry during Rick Warren's prayer while watching the Presidental inauguration on TV. Nope, not me! I am not at all apprehensive about what the future may hold for our country, and that prayer would certainly not have reduced me to a sniffling little puddle. No way.

Definitely didn't ask Benjamin to watch Owen for a few minutes early on Friday morning, and come back downstairs to find Owen playing on the floor while Ben sat on the couch looking through the newspaper. It didn't totally crack me up! And he was not super pleased that he kept recongizing Barack Obama's face on nearly every page.

I'm on a roll here!

I did not let my 3-year-old son go to church this week in two different brown dress shoes, which may or may not have been for the same foot. Nope, not me! Because I take pride in my children's appearance, and I definitely wouldn't have let him walk out of the house like that. Even if it was Jeff's elder meeting Sunday (when he leaves early), as well as a day that I needed to be at church at 8:30 AM, and leaving the house is always crazy on those mornings when I'm in a hurry and herding the children without the assistance of my husband. Certainly not.

Speaking of taking pride in one's appearance, I for sure didn't go to church myself wearing a charcoal-colored winter coat which was sporting a gigantic spit-up stain. Are you kidding? That would be gross. And if Owen had nailed the coat earlier in the week, I certainly would have (1) gotten it cleaned, or (2) not opted to wear it instead of my camel-colored corderoy jacket, only because it matched my outfit better. I mean, what kind of behavior would that be?

And last but not least, it is not my friend Sara H.'s birthday today, and a little birdie did not tell me that she reads my blog. Oh wait, maybe it is, and the birdie did. At any rate, Happy Birthday, Sara! I hope that your day is utterly fantastic!

3 comments:

Wayne said...

Great not me monday I thought your not me monday was very intresting Goodluck on selling the house I work in sales and it can be tough to sell things some times, just remember its all about presentation.

Megan said...

Ha! I would also certainly never let my child go to Sunday School looking like a ragamuffin. Not me!

And...my house is also always in pristine order. I can't even imagine what I'd have to do to get it ready to put on the market! (Shudder at the thought!!)

I daydream about future houses, too! :o) Oops. I mean, I DON'T daydream about future houses! ;o)

Sarah, Nathen, Aiden, and Evan said...

On my way home from work today I got excited remembering that it was Not Me Mondays and could barely wait to check your blog. You did not disappoint I was laughing outloud..no one sleeping yet so I could.