Monday, January 19, 2009

"Not me!" Monday

Here I am, ready for another week of "Not me!" Monday, as created by MckMama at My Charming Kids. Won't you consider joining me in my weekly confessions? It's very cathartic, you know. I'll let you think it over.... As for today: hold on tight, here we go!

For one thing, I am so not a comment junkie. I could not care less if people don't comment on my blog posts. Because, why would I care? I would be just as content putting messages into little glass bottles and tossing them out to sea...

Speaking of my blog, I definitely didn't write a post pretty much entirely about a nightmarish trip to the grocery store. Because my darling offspring could never make anything nightmarish, and every outing with them is an utter delight. And if it weren't, I certainly wouldn't publish it for everyone and their Uncle Joe to read about.

During our recent sunshine-y weather, I definitely didn't forget to suggest that my boys play outside. Because I always remember at that crucial moment that children need fresh air and Vitamin D, and my kids certainly would never choose to play with the Wii instead of heading out for some good old-fashioned playing in the dirt.

I for sure don't consistently wash, dry, and hang up my husband's clothes in the laundry closet downstairs, leaving them there to slowly grow in number as his closet empties. And he certainly doesn't often have to kiss me goodbye upstairs, minus a work shirt or a pair of Dockers, only to creep downstairs and seek out clean clothes in the laundry closet. Nope, not me! I would never be so disorganized or forgetful. I am a model wife, you know!

Speaking of (dis) organization, we definitely didn't spend a good part of the weekend scrambling to try to get our house in order. Because I'm the kind of housekeeper who always keeps things spic & span, and would be ready for any occasion. (The impetetus for this alleged scrambling shall be revealed at a later date...) So we certainly would never be in that position. Certainly not.

And I'm still not totally digging all these italics!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your "'Not me!' Mondays. They are so entertaining. You are such a good writer, I'll say it even though I am Mama. But I wouldn't say it if it wasn't true.

Sarah, Nathen, Aiden, and Evan said...

Okay not to repeat what someone just said but you are a great writer and I really enjoy reading your blog. Have you ever tried to publish anything, I could totally see you writing a daily devotional book for moms. Okay I wont say anything else since you dont look at the comments anyway:)

Mindy said...

Thanks for your kind words, ladies. And as for question, Sarah: nope, never tried it. But you're so sweet!