Monday, January 28, 2013

the weekend past

Ah, 'twas a lovely weekend.


It involved...

...a dinner for two which ended with sharing an utterly scrumptious slice of Raspberry White Chocolate Truffle cheesecake.

...kissing our four oldest darlings and wishing them a great two days with their grandparents.

...reminiscing, planning and dreaming with my husband.

...sleeping in until 7:15 AM.  Such an incredibly rare treat!



...an absolutely perfect brunch out with two of my favorite guys in the world.

...a very fun outing to IKEA, during which our unpredictable 13-month-old behaved himself completely.

...a relaxing afternoon at home with the house (almost) to myself.

...a little writing time.

...an early bedtime for young sir.

...movie, snacks and snuggles on the couch.

...a hot bath with candlelight and a glass of wine.

...two nights of stellar sleep.

...quiet mornings with my man.



{I adore my children, but weekends like this feed my spirit. There's truly something to be said for relaxation and rest!  Especially during the cold, gray days of January...}

1 comment:

I Am Not Superwoman said...

So glad you had a nice weekend. Weekends like that are needed to recharge every once in a while. You both deserve it. Sounds like you enjoyed the Black Rabbit. And Gabe, what a good little boy!