Friday, June 7, 2013

essential oils for the road

We'll be hitting the road soon, and as I consider what to pack, one thing comes to mind: my essential oils.

A few months ago I ordered this darling little case, as well as some small bottles, from aromatools.com.  I just love it!  It's perfect for my purse - and it was very fun to pick and choose which oils to have on hand when I'm away from home.



Melaleuca - Commonly known as tea tree oil, this classic is great for all kinds of things.  My main reason for wishing to have it along right now has to do with some skin troubles I've been having.  Melaleuca is one of the only things that soothes my problem spots.

Ylang ylang - Aromatic and lovely, ylang ylang can help enhance the mood on a romantic evening.  'Nough said.

Basil - I like to have this on hand in case of earaches. It really helps!

Peppermint - Peppermint is lovely and has many, many uses.  I most like to use it for occasional headaches.

Lavender - I use lavender for bumps, bruises, scrapes, and burns (including sunburns).  It's also great for relaxing at bedtime - I love that I can either rub it onto the soles of my feet or put a drop of two on my pillow...bliss!

Lemon - I am drinking a ton of lemon oil in my water lately!  

DigestZen - DoTerra's DigestZen oil blend is wonderful for digestive issues.  Stomachaches, heartburn, and (ahem) bathroom problems of several varieties.  Especially now that my heartburn has begun, I don't ever want to be without this blend handy!  I like to rub it on the offending area (stomach or upper chest).  It's just wonderful!

Deep Blue - My favorite way to use this blend is for muscle and joint aches.  Every once in a while I wrench my back, which sometimes leaves me moving stiffly for weeks at at time. Deep Blue is invaluable in soothing those hurting muscles. 

Balance - The Balance blend is "grounding."  It's great for helping with anxiety of a feeling of being unsettled.  Besides, I really enjoy the way it smells!

Breathe - This oil blend is for respiratory issues, so it's very handy to have on hand with kids around.  I've also heard it can be helpful for allergies.

OnGuard - I once heard someone say they always use this in movie theaters, and I can see why.  It helps protect against germs and viruses.  We always start rubbing it on our kids' feet when someone starts to feel sick, or if we have been exposed to an illness.  With a family our size, we don't want to mess around when someone starts to get sick.

There you have it - the oils I've chosen to carry with me when I am out and about, whether running an errand or on vacation.  I love using them on my family, and I've seen results personally as well.   I'm so pleased with my experiences so far!

I have mentioned on this blog that I'm a new representative for DoTerra.  If you're interested in learning more about these oils, or thinking of making a purchase, click HERE.  Either way, be well!



No comments: