Wednesday, January 14, 2009

first day of school: homeschool

Today was our first day of homeschool! The boys were excited, and so was I. People must have been praying, because it went pretty well. Speaking of praying, when Benjamin prayed at breakfast, he asked God to help our first day of homeschooling to be fun. What a way to start the day!

I am afraid I may have to tweak the selection of work to keep up with my brilliant kindergartner, but we're all learning as we go here...

To give you a taste of our day, here is said kindergartner doing some easel painting
...and Kyle enjoying his time at the snack table...


Ben's Practical Life portion of the morning: food preparation
Kyle working on the Teen Beads
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Searching for God in the everyday said...

Looks like fun! Glad to hear you are excited about it too!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you're off to a great start!

Rena said...

Best wishes with the homeschooling. I'd been wondering what you were going to do for school for Ben.
I was hometaught the year I was in 7th grade and it was a very good experience.
I think you'll do great!