Monday, November 30, 2009

"Not me!" Monday



The beginning of yet another week brings us to yet another Monday. And what does Monday mean, besides "Not me!" Monday? Well, a few things. But I won't be mentioning them here. Hop on over to MckMama's blog, My Charming Kids, to see what else is going on in the "Not me" department. Here goes...

I definitely don't still have a suitcase to unpack from the beginning of November. No. Way. Not me. I would never leave my kids' stuff in a suitcase, only to sometimes remove things as I got a bit behind on the laundry. I would never be such a procrastinator. Not evah.

I absolutely wasn't tickled pink to come home from shopping on Saturday with a big, beautiful lavender candle in tow. And I could not possibly care less that it's the kind that makes lovely wood-burning noises as it goes. I can certainly wait, an indefinite amount of time, to set it up next to my bathtub in the new house.

Speaking of said bathtub, I for sure didn't finally give in and try it out during our weekend visit to the new house. I haven't been curious about how roomy/crowded it would be for childbirth. Not at all.


And I would never be so foolish as to tell my oldest child that, if he did not choose to have his birthday party at Build-A-Bear, he could invite as many guests as he wanted. Who would make that kind of rash statement to an almost 7-year-old? But if I had said such a thing, I would certainly live to regret it.

After helping myself to a slice of fresh Spiced Pumpkin Bread the other night, I definitely didn't lick the buttery crumbs right off of the cutting board. Nope, not me! That would be so very undignified.

Speaking of undignified, I certainly am not about to throw the towel at any and all maternity pants. Because it's cold, and I need pants. But, still...ugh.

1 comment:

Confessions From A Work-At-Home Mom said...

I love the picture of you testing out the new bathtub... Go you and your water birth plans! I always wanted to labor in the water, until my OB's office and hospital said they didn't do it! I was bummed, but at least my birth experience went well!

Good luck to you!

~Elizabeth
http://confessionsfromaworkingmom.blogspot.com