Monday, May 24, 2010

"Not Me" Monday

Mckmama- Not Me Monday

Yes, keep on reading... if you didn't fall out of your chairs, that is. That's right, I'm posting a "Not me" Monday this week! Shocking, I know. It just felt like the right time. Please hop over to MckMama's blog, My Charming Kids, to continue the celebration.

As for me, I definitely didn't abandon the idea of potty training my 2-year-old, a mere 6 days after we began. Why would I? I mean, the potty is a great place to hang out, even if you're not seeing any successes. I just love the idea of a party at the potty. Don't you?

You can be sure that I didn't wait three months to clear the baby shower debris from my daughter's bedroom. And so of course, last week I did not fold up approximately 3000 gift bags, and approximately 9000 sheets of colored tissue paper. There's no way I would leave those things kicking around by her dresser so so long.

While shopping a month or so ago, there is no way I abruptly decided not to try on a pair of jeans after I'd taken them to a dressing room, just because they had a button fly. I have plenty of time to button five buttons on my jeans every time I use the bathroom. In fact, I've got nothing but time on my hands these days...

Upon beginning my most recent attempt to shuck the pregnancy weight, I absolutely wasn't astonished by the fact that my household goes through much fewer sweets when I'm not eating them. And I didn't find that fact sobering at all.

After eating out with friends, after I discovered that I'd ordered a cup of soup as well as tater tots to go with my meal, and not instead of, I definitely didn't go ahead and eat them both anyway.

And at the end of the meal, I for sure didn't put half of my dinner in a box, and then proceed to eat the rest of the tater tots on the drive home. They're not so tasty as to be that addictive! And even if they were, I absolutely would have more willpower than that.

Lastly, I positively didn't realize during the share-about-your-week time at Bible study, that the most exciting thing that I'd experienced during the past week was discover that my house had been invaded by ants. That'd be a little bit pathetic. So nope, not me!


2 comments:

Unknown said...

I would've eaten the tater tots too.

Mama said...

You are so funny!