Yes, it's that time of year again. Today marked the first (full) day of Monday School through our homeschool co-op. In honor of the beginning of the spring term, a few notes.
10 Things About Monday School
1) A little boy looks so much more grown up when entering a preschool classroom, than he did entering a toddler one.
2) My 8-year-old has a new best friend. His surname is the same as the title of a certain "caped crusader." Awesome.
3) Putting my 5-year-old in with the 1st graders is a little freaky, even if his reading ability is astounding.
4) Agreeing to teach two Lego classes is not a gentle way to segue into being an official teacher.
5) If I want my Lego pupils to construct a building, I must take all of the wheels away. Building a vehicle is just too tempting.
6) Teaching in a classroom is hard. Way harder than natural childbirth.
7) If I have to lay down the law with a child, it's nice to know that I have his mother's support.
8) Encouragement in the homeschooling community is vitally important. I value the friendships I've made in this co-op, so much.
9) Boys and girls behave very differently in a classroom setting.
10) I may well teach again for some term in the future. But I think I will have to watch a birth video or two before I decide...