Monday, May 9, 2011

just a few tidbits

~ Owen is now completely toilet trained! And there was much rejoicing. Especially from his mama.

~ I had a great Mother's Day, except that Ben developed a fever in the late afternoon. But Jeff was here, and he and the kids made it a really special day for me. I am richly blessed!

~ We went out for lunch on Mother's Day, and I nearly ate my body weight in onion rings. Just sayin'.

~ Although I called my mom on Mother's Day, I neglected to call her on her birthday (the day after Mother's Day). I officially stink.

~ I never get tired of watching my toddler-girl toddle.

~ Kyle has been super-sweet with me lately.

~ Elise is now weaned, a fact which alternately makes me wildly happy, and quite bereft. We had such a lovely time together...

~ Elise is now completely weaned, a fact which alternately makes me wildly happy, and feeling quite bereft. We had such a lovely time together...

~ Jeff and the boys planted four blueberry bushes yesterday. They are going to be such a blessing for our family! I can't wait.

~ Owen? Is a crack-up. He makes me laugh every single day.

~ Ben is a huuuuuuuge help to me with the little ones. What a gift!

~ I could truly cuddle with my little girl all day long. She's so nice to snuggle!

~ I made awesome chocolate ice cream this afternoon. (1/3 c. cocoa to 3 c. cream is a great ratio!) Truly great stuff. But next time, I must remember to add peanut butter as well. Because chocolate peanut butter ice cream? Rocks my socks off.

That's all.

1 comment:

Mama said...

Loved your tidbits. That ice cream sounds good. May have to try it soon. AND no, you do not stink for forgetting to call me on my B-day. You are a super busy lady. By the way, thanks for singing Happy Birthday on my cell phone recorder and other thoughtful things you do. You are sweet, and I love you.