Monday, January 2, 2012

it's all coming back to me now

Yep, it's all coming back.  Dark nighttime feedings.  Diaper changes.  The itty bitty laundry.  Fixing breakfast with one hand (although the free hand works in conjunction with my injured wrist, which complicates things a bit).  Cultivating sibling bonds.

Baby's first Christmas.  Daddy time.  Sweet, snuggly, squishy cuddles.  The eau de baby vomit.  The most efficient way to hold a burp cloth while burping the baby (cupped, if you want to know).  Never laying a baby down on my bed without a large burp cloth under his head...

The babymoon.

Yes, it's all coming back to me now.  That sweet little head, the fluffy baby hair after his bath.  Belly kisses. The milk comas. The tiny hands and feet.  How he needs me.

It's all coming back to me.  Did I ever really forget?  I don't think so.


Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows. ~James 1:17


No comments: