Monday, October 12, 2009

"Not me!" Monday


Here we go again! After a little vacation-induced break, "Not me" Monday is back. "Not me" Monday is, of course, the gorgeous blog carnival hosted by MckMama over at My Charming Kids. Hop on over to her place for more Monday not me-ing!

A week after returning home from my relaxing cruise vacation, I definitely didn't feel the need to flee the apartment, solo, on Sunday afternoon. Surely the after-effects of such a luxurious vacation are further-reaching than a week? And anyway, I would definitely not have found solace in shopping for little boys' socks and underwear, all by my lonesome. I mean...really!

But if I had fled the apartment that afternoon, I would certainly have left a good selection of snacks behind. I absolutely wouldn't have suggested that my husband feed one of the children sardines for his snack. What kind of mother would do that? Even if she has one particular child who loves sardines?!

I certainly didn't secretly snicker when I recently heard my 4-year-old singing "O Come, let us ignore Him," to the tune of a cherished Christmas hymn. I mean, that's just terrible.

While using our brand-spanking-new Wii Fit, I for sure didn't doubt that I was getting much of a work out, only to find myself with desperately sore thighs the next day. I absolutely don't groan every time I lower myself onto a chair, the floor, or the toilet. No way!

As a homeschooling mom with a good 7 months of experience under her belt, I am not at all nervous about starting out school year this week. Nope, not me! I have no doubt that I will easily be able to instill in my children a love of learning, an awe of God's creation, and a downright enthusiasm for math. And I'm not at all hoping that having more organized activities for my boys will quell their recently incessant fighting.

I totally did not decide that it was time to make another batch of chicken stock, only after realizing that I had accumulated quite an impressive collection of frozen chicken carcasses. It would be silly to collect the remains of so much roasted poultry without making stock at more, er...reasonable intervals.

And despite the fact that my maternity sweaters have tragically gone MIA, I certainly didn't go sweater shopping this weekend. Even if there is a definite nip in the air. I'm always perfectly happy to wear a t-shirt. Or my husband's sweatshirt. Or, you know, a plastic garbage bag. Whatever.

1 comment:

tlc said...

you are so funny!