1) I recently attempted to remove my eye make-up with homemade deodorant. I usually use a small jar of coconut oil, which I keep in my bathroom drawer. No wonder it felt grittier than usual...
2) I have not done a very good job of incorporating my toddler into our homeschooling routine. So now, in this month before our school year begins, I am cramming in order to figure out how to make it work.
3) It's been nice to give the excuse/reason for our trimester school year as "we were going to move, and have a baby" in 2009-10... and while that was true and valid, I've simply decided that it works well for us. So we are continuing on in the way we've begun, ...but I need to get over the need to justify my choices to people.
4) I ate way too much of the sugar-laden chocolate my secret sister gave me, the day she gave it to me.
5) The boys are gone again this week, and once again I cleaned windows, swept, and mopped until my kitchen floor gleamed - the day that they left. I love being a mama, but I also love it when my cleaning efforts last more than a few hours!
6) I am so, so happy that my husband is not coaching soccer this fall.
7) My son's 5th birthday is in a few weeks, and I have done almost no planning for his celebration.
8) When Dr. Dobson's Family Talk radio broadcast featured a series on homeschooling last week (the founders of our co-op were on for two thirds of it!), I lapped up the encouragement like so much cream....and then listened to both interviews again.
9) I apparently have a lot to confess...but hey, it's good for the soul, right?