Tuesday, August 9, 2011

the music of (my) labors

The day has come to share the music which I choose for childbirth. I've used this collection for all four of my labors, and during the past few years, I listen to it at other times as well. If I'm feeling overwhelmed, I put it on. When I take a bath, I light a lavender candle and turn on my labor CD. It's become a fixture in my life, I guess you'd say.

I should note that these songs are largely written and performed by Rich Mullins. If you know me well, this will come as no surprise to you: he is my favorite artist, hands down. I've been loving his music for twenty years now, and his is one of the few voices on the planet which automatically soothes and comforts me. So there's that. Don't say I didn't warn you.


My Song List:

1) "Peace" by Rich Mullins

2) "The Love of God" by Rich Mullins

3) "Bound To Some Trouble" by Rich Mullins

4) "Nothing Is Beyond You" by Rich Mullins

5) "If I Stand" by Rich Mullins

6) "Wounds of Love" by Rich Mullins

7) "Hold Me Jesus" by Rich Mullins

8) "All the Way My Savior Leads Me" by Rich Mullins

9) "The Breaks" by Rich Mullins

10) "Hard To Get" by Rich Mullins

11) "Step By Step" by Rich Mullins

12) "Eli's Song" by Rich Mullins

13) "Home" by Rich Mullins

14) "Love Song" by Third Day

15) "Thy Mercy" by Caedmon's Call

16) "I Boast No More" by Caedmon's Call

17) "Warrior" by Caedmon's Call

18) "The Love of God (Reprise)" by Rich Mullins


And so, there you have it. For those of you who desperately wanted to know what music I listen to during childbirth (and those of you who didn't), now you know.

You're welcome.


No comments: