And I'm so thankful that they're getting home today. I've missed them, and I learned a few things while they were away. Here are the top ten.
1) It's good to keep your mouth closed while emptying the cats' litterbox. And it's a very good thing that my husband and Ben usually take care of that aspect of pet ownership.
2) Giving baths makes my back ache, even when I'm not pregnant.
3) Our family generates an enormous amount of dirt, as made obvious by the vacuum's dirt ...um, receptacle.
4) It's good to keep your mouth closed while emptying the vacuum's dirt receptacle.
5) I'm glad my husband tends to the kefir. It's easy enough, but it's just one. more. thing.
6) I would have a tremendously hard to being married to a traveling man. Those of you who manage your households alone for weeks (or more) on end, I commend you. Big time!
7) Best. Mother-in-law. Ever.
8) I can see why single mothers stay up late.
9) Adult conversation is a precious, precious thing.
10) Cher was right. Sooner or later, we all sleep alone.