Friday, June 8, 2012

blessings on a too-early morning

My baby woke me up way too early this morning.  I dragged myself out of bed, trudged to his room, and found it impossible to keep my eyes open while I fed him in the rocking chair.  He ended up going back to sleep (I was so thankful) and I dragged myself back to my room for another 10 minutes or so in bed.

After that inglorious start, it's now 8 o'clock.  And the blessings of the day far outnumber the fingers of my right.  As it's been an extremely difficult week...month...season for me, I thought I'd  take a minute to share them here and now.

  • The children all slept until after 7:15 AM.  Rare!
  • Psalm 127 on my reading list this morning.
  • Good news.
  • No need to stop my morning routine to nurse Gabe, since he ate at 5:45.
  • The pleasure of sourdough biscuit dough in my hands.
  • My older boys' ability to get out of bed easily today.
  • Their cheerful willingness to do their morning chores.
  • My 6-year-old taking the initiative to efficiently set the table - without being reminded - so he could watch (one!) video with his siblings before breakfast.
  • The chance said video gave me to listen to a podcast in quietness while preparing breakfast.
  • Rich Mullins' music: it never fails to minister to me.
  • Glancing at my needy baby, and seeing that he is completely wrapped up in entertaining himself.
May you too experience God's blessings this Friday!

1 comment:

Mama said...

So glad you had some good blessings to count. :)