Monday, July 20, 2009

"Not my child" Monday



Today? Is a special day. In a fun mix-up of our regularly scheduled "Not me!" Monday events, today is a "Not my child" Monday. You can find many more wonderful examples of some of the "Not me-ing" at My Charming Kids, which is MckMama's charming blog. So let's give it a whirl, shall we?

My 3-year-old (whom we lovingly describe as "irrepressible") did not leave his table-setting duties for a moment in order to dash into the room where his older brother was to announce "Ben! We're having raisin cookies at dinner!!!" There may have been some freshly-baked scones on the table, but Kyle would never abandon his job in a moment of excitement. Not my child!

Owen is an utterly charming 16-month-old. I've always referred to him as my "balm," so there is no way that he is starting to throw fits. Absolutely not! Even when he doesn't get his way, he does not flop himself onto the floor, look angsty for a moment, and then, if he doesn't receive a response, gingerly lower himself onto his back. He's certainly never resorted to rolling around the floor in a stunning display of toddler anguish. Definitely not...

My two older children did not join forces to produce and act out "Jungle Book" the other night after dinner. And if they had, there would not have been a clear Director, who repeatedly told me that it wasn't time for my line yet as Bagheera. They're not particularly fond of that movie at all, and they don't especially love acting like the monkeys. Uh UH! Not my boys!

What have your children not been doing?

5 comments:

TheAtticGirl said...

LOL Boys acting like monkeys? Naw, that NEVER happens. Cute post!

http://www.atticgirl.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

oh, I bet seeing them act out Jungle Book was cute! My two are just now really getting into watching tv shows and really making connections there.

Cute post! stopping by from MckMama's blog!

Family American Style. said...

I enjoyed reading your very cute post. Thank you for sharing.

Kristen said...

Aww. I can't wait until I get after dinner theater. I totally forgot about that. Love your Not Me's My Not Me! post

Mama said...

Very enjoyable reading and very cute. We always enjoy reading what you have to say, and it's fun hearing about the kids' antics.