Tuesday, August 24, 2010

another soccer player

The time has finally come. My second son, my enthusiastic, talkative charmer, is finally old enough to play soccer. And boy, is he excited!

On the day we officially signed him up, he started preparing. He ran in place to build stamina. He borrowed my pilates mat to strengthen his muscles. And he began counting the days.


These photos were taken on the day of his very first soccer practice. He insisted on wearing his full soccer gear, including one of his game shirts.

This next photo is a shot of Kyle explaining to Elise where he would be going. He wanted to be sure she understood that he would be back, in case she really missed him.



I think it's going to be a fun season!*



*Both of the older boys are playing soccer this fall (this is Benjamin's 5th season). Their first games -as well as team photos- are on Saturday, and Jeff will be out of town with our van. Pray for me!

2 comments:

Sarah, Nathen, Aiden, and Evan said...

So cute...is it me or does Elise look alot like Kyle. And Owen and Benjamin look a lot a like?:) I bet you have to check the dates on pictures:)

Mindy said...

I agree completely!