Saturday, November 13, 2010

mommy confessions

~While I find toddlerhood incredibly charming, it so much makes me want to bang my head against the wall.

~I just searched my old blog posts in hopes of finding out when Owen got his first tooth. I still have no idea.

~Finally made these Pumpkin Cake Bars, and then I could not stop talking about how yummy they were.

~My daughter does not yet have a baby book.

~Contrary to what one might think, I do not love doing homeschooling. I'm not one of those people who just longs to be with my kids 24/7. But the thing is, I believe in homeschooling. And what's more, I feel a definite call to homeschool. So for me, it's more about obedience and the greater good, than the other things.

~I send my children outside to play, as much for my own well being as for theirs.

~Recently, I caught my baby trying to eat a dead spider. (shudder)

~I have been sucked into watching the farewell season of Oprah.

~After years of teasing my husband for his love of podcasts, I have inherited his iPod, and am now hooked on listening to broadcasts from Cheeseslave.

1 comment:

Joy said...

Ha, ha ~ I'm also watching more Oprah than I have in years. I continue to love the way you care for your family so throughly but honestly.