Tuesday, August 26, 2008

baby dedication

Last Sunday was baby dedication day at our church. We stood before out family at Harvest and pledged to raise Owen up in the ways of the Lord, and teach him about Jesus & the Bible. In turn, the congregation will help us in this, supporting us as we strive to raise a godly young man.

It's an important day in our family, and although we don't make a big event out of it, it's not something Jeff & I take lightly. We have dedicated each of our boys as well, and it's key to us that we stand before our church family and make this promise.

Owen did great while up there. He was happy and quiet. He even spit up on cue (the pastor always asks the parents to share about the baby, and Jeff of course had to share that he's a spitty guy!)...good thing I took a burp cloth up on stage with us!

So I just thought I'd share. We'd appreciate prayers as we teach our boys about the Lord. It's something that needs to be intentional, as well as lived out in how we behave. It's something that I know I can do better at, and I'm so thankful for the support and encouragement we receive from our family and friends.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Brigetta said...

Congratulations! I commend you two for being the parents of 3 boys who are such delightful children!

Cairo Grace said...

Aww, nice pics, Mindy. Just realize last time i posted it was on dds google account. ~ so, if you didn't figure it out, Cairo is Solace (paige). :)

Mindy said...

Thanks Paige! I was 98% sure that was you. :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thanks for the compliment, Brigetta! Evelyn is such a joy, too.