Friday, August 22, 2008

vacation Bible school

This year Kyle got to attend VBS with his big brother! It was held at our church, in the evening, the first week of August. Both boys were so excited. Ben, who has been asking when VBS would be since last year's series ended, kept giving Kyle advice on what it would be like.

"And, Kyle, there's this waterslide..."

I was concerned that VBS might not be exactly the same this year, so I tried to make that point often. That didn't dissuade Ben from his belief that things would be almost exactly the same as last year (which was Ben's first time).

And they had a great time. In fact, there was a waterslide, and other water play during the evening sessions. Kyle was still a bit on the young side, but they ended up bumping him up to the 4-year-olds class. He even had his own personal helper. Such tender loving care!

Now, we listen to the CD they brought home from VBS almost daily. I have to admit, it's so much fun. And I love watching them do the motions to the songs! "The fruit of the Spirit's not a coconut..."
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Ami said...

How fun! I've been looking forward to doing VBS with LK for a long time. Next year will be our first VBS adventure. I have such great memories from when I was a kid at VBS. I'm glad your boys enjoyed it!