Sunday, August 10, 2008

beloved

God's Child Never Dies
(author unknown)


Don’t let them say I wasn’t born,
that something stopped my heart.
I felt each tender squeeze you gave,
I loved you from the start.


Although my body you cannot hold,
it doesn’t mean I’m gone,
This world was not worthy of me;
God chose that I move on.


I know the pain that drowns your soul,
what you are forced to face,
You have my word, I’ll fill your arms,
someday we will embrace.


You’ll hear that it wasn’t “meant to be,
God doesn’t make mistakes”,
But that won’t soften your worst blow,
or make your heart not ache.


I’m watching over all you do,
another child you’ll bear,
Believe me when I say to you,
that I am always there.


There’ll come a time, I promise you,
when you will hold my hand,
Stroke my face, and kiss my lips,
and then you’ll understand.


Although I’ve never breathed your air,
or gazed into your eyes,
That doesn’t mean I never “was”;
God's child never dies.

2 comments:

Deb said...

great poem! So powerful!

Rena said...

Beautiful. Our little ones will always be close to our hearts.