Monday, November 17, 2008

"Not me!" Monday


So I've mentioned MckMama a few times, and her lovely blog My Charming Kids. Her blog is the home of "Not me!" Monday ("Being brutally honest and living to tell about it"), which I have been enjoying for months now. This morning I finally decided to join in on the fun. It's said to be theraputic; we'll see. Here goes, my first time!

I did not just eat breakfast with the laptop as my only company, even though there are three kids in the house. Nope, not me! And I certainly did not finish breakfast, only to get up and dish myself up a bowl of salty cashews. That would be weird for breakfast, I definitely wouldn't do that.

So then I most certainly did not polish off the last four carob peanut clusters, which I bought yesterday on a whim and found surprisingly addictive. Because that wouldn't be a very responsible or adult way to end the first meal of the day. Nope, that clearly wasn't me.

And while Jeff was out of town I definitely did not let Kyle sleep in my bed for the last part of the night, because I was simply too tired to care when he crawled in with me at 4:30 AM. We don't allow our children to sleep in Mommy & Daddy's bed, so I'm sure I wouldn't do that.

I most certainly did not spend my entire Friday evening, after I got the boys in bed, sitting at the computer reading blogs and messing around with Facebook. Because I don't love blogs at all, and I am impervious to Facebook's lure. That definitely wasn't me, no matter what you might have seen if you were peeking in the window.

Definitely didn't agree to watch my friend's little boy on Thursday afternoon, because that is Bible study night and it's crazy enough without adding an extra child to the mix. That wouldn't be a very good idea. And I definitely did not send Ben, Kyle, and the guest up to the bedroom shortly before dinner, just so they would keep the messes contained to upstairs. Nope, not me.

And I certainly didn't just have a crying, naked 3-year-old boy on the couch next to me. I definitely didn't absolutely refuse to let him wear his church pants today, because it's really not that big of a deal. I definitely know how to pick my battles better than that.

Just don't ask him about that!


9 comments:

Always Been Different said...

I for sure do not let my sixteen year old sleep with me when her dad goes to work at 2:30 in the morning, when I am the one who might be a little scared cause What kinda mom would I be? ...A GREAT ONE! :-)

Megan said...

I definitely didn't have the last slice of pizza for my weird breakfast, either! And, I would totally let my kiddo sleep in my bed if dad was out of town! :o) I'm glad you did this! Isn't it fun?!?

Searching for God in the everyday said...

I think that's great, Mindy! I may just join your fun!!

Jeff said...

Hilarious honey!

And I certainly don't find my friends high scores on Facebook games and play until I beat them. I'm definitely not that competitive.

Ami said...

Yay! I've been reading MckMama's blog for a bit now myself, and love it... I keep thinking about doing a 'Not me!' Monday post - but then Mondays are just crazy and I run out of time to do the post before the end of the day. Sigh...

Oh, and I didn't know you were on facebook - you'll have to look me up. :)

Kristin said...

This is totally off-topic, but I wanted to let you know I found your other blog today with your birth stories. Birth stories are a big thing with me, too, so I plan to wait until the kids are in bed and read to my heart's content. :-)

Mindy said...

Yay! Lots of yummy comments!

ABD: It's nice to know I'm not alone!
Megan: yes it is, thanks for inspiring me to do it. :)
Cory: You should!
Jeff: no of course you don't! ;)
Ami: Mondays are crazy here too...you could always write it in advance. We should definitely connect on FB!
Kristin: Cool. Enjoy!

steve and corrine said...

We didn't just spend the last half-hour reading our daughter-in-laws blog and laughing at the great stuff. Not us!! I (G-pa) wouldn't spend an hour trying to catch up on all of my facebook stuff! No way! But secretly we love it!!

TuTu's Bliss said...

Love it!! Fun stuff