Friday, June 12, 2009

heigh ho, heigh ho, it's off to class I go

Within two hours I'll be off to the third and final cooking class from Kimi Harris at The Nourishing Gourmet. I'm looking forward to it, and am determined to eat only a very light dinner before I go. Last week I neglected to think ahead, and was so stuffed that I could hardly enjoy the roasted chicken with gravy, and chicken curry. Still, I did manage to enjoy them - they were so delicious that I could hardly help it! I'm not a huge curry lover, but that recipe just may turn me around.

As much as I've enjoyed the classes, I am such a homebody that I'm just a teensy bit relieved that this is the last one. Especially in the evenings, I much prefer to stick close to home...

Another thing going on tonight is a very important meeting with our realtor, at 6pm. I'll make a quick popcorn meal for my family, sit down to talk things over with my husband our realtor, then quickly eat something and hop off to class.


And what does this weekend hold, you ask? Well, I'll tell you. Grocery shopping (fascinating to you, I know!), a Secret Sister event at our church in the late morning, a possible visit from my midwife, and a 2-year-old's birthday party in the afternoon....all followed by Bath Night (for the kids, not me. I mean, I showered just this morning.) And you thought my life was boring!

I love it, and I have been so blessed by the Lord. It's all for Him!

No comments: