Monday, June 1, 2009

"Not me!" Monday

"Not me!" Monday is back on this fine Monday, as created by MckMama of My Charming Kids. For an enjoyable read, as well as some amazing photos, hop on over to her blog today!

Today is definitely not my brother and sister-in-law's wedding anniversary, and I didn't totally forget to buy a card. Not me! I definitely have not gotten bad about cards and such since my last child was born...and I always make sure that the cards I send arrive with the utmost punctuality. For sure!

Speaking of (theoretical) forgetfulness, the other night I certainly didn't forget all about a pan of Cottage Potatoes in the oven, until dinner was over. What?! That would be just silly. And I for sure didn't decide that if I had only left the potato-prep detritus in the kitchen sink...as a visual reminder...I wouldn't have had such a sad problem...

I absolutely did not force my faithful readers to languish, for more than a week, without posting a single photo. I mean, that would just be inhuman. Deprive these fine people of the cuteness that is my children? The beauty that is our weather? The food which graces our table? Not me!

And I didn't totally have a great time at the first cooking class put on my Kimi Harris at The Nourishing Gourmet. I didn't happily lap up not one, not two, but three delectable desserts at the unreasonable hour of 8:45 PM. No way! And I didn't utterly dig the Brownie Pudding Cake (think Chocolate Lava!), Roasted Banana Ice Cream, and Tangy Lemon Curd (served with wonderful scones). It wasn't a completely delightful experience, and I am not totally excited to be going back the next two weeks!! (*cough*) Not excited at all.

7 comments:

Erin said...

Don't feel bad about the potatoes, Mindy. I baked some chicken the other night and didn't find it in the oven until the next morning. Seriously, how did I *not* miss that?

Mindy said...

That's too funny, Erin! I do remember thinking "I thought there was more food than this..." while we were still at the table...

Mama said...

Thanks for the good chuckle. hee, hee. That was funny!

Trish said...

Don't feel bad about the anniversary card - most people just left us Facebook congrats or emails! :) Glad you enjoyed your cooking class. I would LOVE to do that! (And just for Ben - my "word verification" for this post is "backho.") :)

Phyllis said...

I was hoping for a link to the Brownie Pudding Cake. As a chocoholic, that sounded scrumptious! Can you add that? I really enjoy your posts and sympathize with the house situation. John and Erin haven't sold theirs yet either but at least didn't get to the point of having everything packed up and now hard to find!

Mindy said...

Phyllis, it's funny that you should ask that! She hadn't published that recipe until today, actually. I'll add a link now. Thanks for your house sympathies! It's a big bummer, but we're dealing.

Charlie said...

Also, don't feel bad about the card because you're really freakin' good at sending cards on time. Seriously, lady, how are the rest of us supposed to compete with that? I honestly suspect you're just pretending to "forget" in a sad attempt to make the rest of think you're only human. Kinda like D.A.R.Y.L. missing when he swings his baseball bat. Not that I ever rented that from Dyers in Wamego. Uh, totally not me.