Thursday, July 8, 2010

bring it on!

It's been a long time coming (due to the lingering cold and rain in my area), but at long last, the CSA baskets are back! CSA, you may recall, stands for Community Supported Agriculture. It's a great idea, and I am so pleased to be able to participate again.

We're going through a different farmer this year (when I contacted our first farmer, in March, they were completely full!), but I'm confident that we're in for another good experience. Also, for a small extra fee, they'll deliver the basket to my house! That's worth a lot to this busy mom of four.

The first basket of the season included: raspberries, Walla Walla onions, yellow onions, mixed lettuce, kale, red potatoes, radishes, and sugar snap peas. I can hardly wait to see what the summer and early fall will bring us!

No comments: