Monday, July 19, 2010

"Not Me" Monday

Mckmama- Not Me Monday

Greetings to you on this Monday! It's time for another round of "Not me!" Monday, the blog carnival created by MckMama over at My Charming Kids. Please feel free to check out her blog, it's quite charming, itself.

While visiting our city's Art Walk on Saturday, we definitely didn't stand in line 45 minutes, just so our boys could get balloon "animals." And we certainly wouldn't do that when our two little ones were both in need of a nap, Jeff and I hadn't eaten lunch yet, it was after 2:00 PM, and we had to stand in direct sunlight, with only Elise sporting a hat. No way! That would be utter foolishness...

After a few nights of Jeff getting home late from work, I was not positively giddy at the thought of getting out of the house by myself...for a Pampered Chef party. That might be a little embarrassing. So...nope, not me!

I totally didn't leave my family to eat leftovers in my absence, while I dined on summer salad, bread served with a variety of olive oils, and strawberry trifle. Absolutely not.

Speaking of the Pampered Chef, I certainly wouldn't have taken a monetary gift given to me months ago by my husband, with the words "Go get a massage. Or a pedicure. Or whatever you want," and spent it at the party. I mean, what kind of woman would end up deciding to spend the money on kitchen gear? Really?

I am positively not addicted to the salami I've found at the farmers' market, even if it is made with 100% grass-fed beef, and is devastatingly yummy. So, I didn't buy not one, but two sticks this weekend.

It's been nearly three weeks after returning home from the beach, and Elise's suitcase is definitely not still in her bedroom, waiting to be unpacked. I am way more organized and motivated than that.

I really don't get a great deal of enjoyment out of watching Elise's birth video, and I definitely haven't watched it at least half a dozen times since her arrival. Nope, not me! And I'm not feeling at all wistful for the babymoon. I really didn't enjoy those quiet days where my primary job was nursing the baby, and people brought me water and snacks. I mean, really...who would?



No comments: