Friday, October 31, 2008

tidbits

UPDATE: I may have been a smidge premature in pronouncing Kyle much better in regard to fear. Sadly, the monster problem has reared it's ugly head again yesterday (Saturday) & today. At least it's not spy mosquitoes. But still, ugh. Pray for us! We need discernment on the balance of compassion & being wise to knowing when we're being "played." Poor guy. And poor us!

~Mindy

Here is a picture of the boys at the Teddy Bear Parade last September. They got pretty weary of walking, but at the beginning they were happy and cute!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Incidentally, Kyle's fear issues are much more manageable these days. He can still get a little spooked, but it hasn't been a real problem in days. Plus, he's been taking super naps, which always helps...everything. I could not be happier that my three-year-old is still napping most of the time! His big brother stopped much earlier...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ben is crazy about the roast chicken I made earlier this week. Can I just say again, it is SO refreshing after years of picky eating? It really gives me hope that maybe someday ever-so-picky Kyle will eat more than cheese, pasta, and peanut butter.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And in the interest of total honesty: my main motivation for this post? I really just wanted to have 31 posts in October. You know, so it would read: "October (31)." Get it? There are 31 days in October. I'm goofy like that, these silly little things make me happy!

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Deb said...

I was wondering if you had thought of making Kyle a dream pillow? He could make it with you or you could make it for him... maybe fill it with something smelly like lavendar...You could tell him that it brings sweet dreams.... sweet smell...make it really soft etc. We got one from a friend for Christmas a few years ago and it was great. Maybe it would keep the fears away for Kyle? Just a thought.

Mindy said...

I hadn't heard of that. Thanks for the suggestion. I don't know; he is SO irrational when tired, you can't reason with him at all. I am not sure how effective a dream pillow would be, but I'm certainly open to trying it!