Saturday, July 19, 2008

home from the farmers' market

This morning we all went to the farmer's market here in town. Jeff & I have been there a handful of times, but we don't go all that regularly. We had a great time, though, and found some good deals; I think we may have to do this more often! Though we don't always need to make it a family affair, I suppose...

We found some delectable berries (blueberry pancakes!), a gigantic head of lettuce, some cucumbers, and got an assortment of honey sticks, just for fun.

And then, in keeping with the theme of good health, we bought an elephant ear to share.

Ben & Kyle each got to pick out a balloon from the balloon artist's booth. Benjamin chose Spider-Man, and Kyle wanted Batman. They were playing "kid and dad" (don't ask me which was which) and having a lot of fun while Jeff waited in line for the elephant ear.

"Hey, dad, wanna go for a fly?"

"Sure, kid! Let's go!"

Yes, my children believe that Spider-Man flies. And you know, that's okay with me.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Andrew said...

Wait - Spider Man doesn't fly? :) Nice to see another family name out there practicing the blogging arts! You are definitely much more diligent about it than I...