Sunday, February 1, 2009

my amazing man


In the wake of my Martha post, I thought I would share a few things about the wonderful man that I married. I hope I didn't imply that my husband doesn't pull his weight around the house. He most definitely does. My point was that, regardless of the situation, it's easy to us as individuals to start feeling put-upon, to view ourselves in a martyr-type of role.

But I wander from my topic. And that is this fellow I know, named Jeff. He is an amazing husband, provider, father, and friend. I could not ask for a better guy.


I am blessed with a husband who takes a very active role in parenting our children. After our first baby was born, it was a good week before I ever had to change a diaper. He is the bath-giver in our family, always has been. I have given my children, maybe...a dozen baths in the 6+ years since I began mothering. He is consistent but loving, playful but firm. He wrestles with the boys, and they love it. They positively beg for more!


Jeff has been such a gift to me. He is so much fun to be with-- he's my favorite person to hang out with. He can watch a chick flick with the best of them, but he also loves action movies. I appreciate so much the fact that he has such a tender heart. He's not afraid to cry, and always gets choked up when he reads about the birth of Christ aloud on Christmas morning.

He is such a hard worker, both at home and at his job. I appreciate that so much about him. I feel secure with him because I know he's safe for me to be real with, and that I can count on him.

No, he's not perfect. Of course he's not. But he's the perfect one for me.


3 comments:

Brigetta said...

what a great role model for your boys

paige said...

Wow - beautiful post. i read that part aloud to my dd who was standing close about 'she's only given her boys maybe a dozen baths!' & Cai was like 'ew!' & i said, "NO! i mean, the daddy does it!!" HAHA!!

Anonymous said...

Sweet! We appreciate him so much, too, and thank God for him.