Monday, February 9, 2009

"Not me!" Monday

This brings us to yet another installment of "Not me!" Monday, as per MckMama at My Charming Kids.

This past week, I did not agree to having the house shown at least six times (I may have lost count). That would be madness! I mean, we've just begun homeschooling, I have three small children, and...certainly I would be able to set boundaries and stick by then. Definitely. So I certainly wouldn't have done that...

And then I most definitely didn't commence to run around like a headless chicken, cleaning and tidying, sweeping crumbs and other debris, doing "spot mopping," followed by more sweeping, cleaning the counters, and even more sweeping. No. Way.

Certainly didn't hide Owen's little stash of toys (which he plays with while I get ready in the morning) in my dirty laundry hamper, a few times over. Nope, not me!

Speaking of dirty laundry, I was not horrified to discover that my elderly cat had peed on my bed, the day before one of the realtor showings. And after the sheets were washed, but not the quilt, I certainly didn't put the original quilt back onto the bed, because the colors looked so lovely with the room, and the lady was coming to take interior pictures of the house. Certainly not. Ew. Ew!

And if any of that was true, I for sure would have washed the quilt by now. It wouldn't still be in a soiled heap, surrounded by other dirty laundry. I definitely wouldn't have been hindered by the fact that it's line-dry only, and while I usually dry it in the family room, that would not be suitable when everyone and their Uncle Charlie are traipsing through the house nearly every day. Nope, definitely not me! I would have figured out some place to dry it. Moms like me have to be resourceful, you know.

On another note, I certainly don't have a child ill with the croup, again. Man, that poor boy gets hit hard by it, too. I mean, I think truly Owen had it in December too, but his illness? Doesn't even come close to what it's like when Kyle has the croup. That stuff is wicked.

Finally, I am not absolutely obsessed with making treats. Nope, definitely not. I do not bake cookies at least twice a week (regardless of what my Facebook statuses may report). Nor did Jeff & I make chocolate coconut ice cream on Saturday afternoon, and I did not make fudge a few days earlier in the week. Nope, not me! Because kicking a sugar habit is exactly the same as shedding my love for sweets...right?

3 comments:

Searching for God in the everyday said...

So were all the times you didn't show the house fruitful?

Mindy said...

The only feedback we've gotten is that the house is on the small side. Which we know, all too well. Maybe if we removed all the furniture it would look bigger? ;)

Rena said...

Isn't it fun having a house on the market! All the little ways there are to "cheat" when you have to speed clean. That's encouraging that it's been shown so many times already.
Poor Kyle. Hope he gets better quickly.
Wish I could try some of those yummy-sounding treats!