Monday, February 16, 2009

"Not me!" Monday

Welcome to the newest edition of "Not me!" Monday, as created and perpetuated by MckMama at My Charming Kids. Aaaaaaand, we're off!

After returning from a lunch Valentine's date, Jeff and I did not return to our home and find a 3-year-old who was so unbelievably chatty that we could hardly get a report from the new babysitter. Along the same lines, we never have a hard time getting a word in edgewise at dinnertime. Uh-uh!

While preparing dinner this week, I did not discover that Owen was trying to eat an onion. A raw onion, with the skin still on. He was certainly not trying to eat it as thought it were an apple. Because how would he have gotten his hands on onion, anyway?

Jeff and I definitely didn't spend most of Valentine's Day working our tails off to prepare for Sunday's open house. That wouldn't be romantic at all! We certainly wouldn't keep saying, wryly, "Happy Valentine's Day!" in the midst of the scrubbing, sweeping, dusting, organizing, hauling, mopping, clearing, and tossing. No way!

And I didn't receive a wonderful, heartfelt, four-paged, handwritten love letter from my sweetheart, which made my whole day. Well...maybe I did. On that one.

6 comments:

the mama said...

A four page letter? Wow that does not sound the least bit like the sweetest thing ever. And you are not a lucky girl. :)

Brigetta said...

I think long letters must be an Isom family trait, Andy can write a darn good letter himself. It's a good family trait, if I must say so myself. :) Glad to hear you managed to squeeze a little romance into your busy St. V day

paige said...

a FOUR PAGE LETTER?? hehe. My sweetheart sometimes sends me romantic 2 word emails...
... BUT, i would never have a folder in my email inbox dedicated to saving those sweet 2 word emails, 'cause that would be silly... wouldn't it?

Lauren said...

My daughter LOVES onions. She peels the breading off of onion rings! Seriously.

A love letter....wow!

Searching for God in the everyday said...

Happy Valentine's Day! So...how did the open house go?

Searching for God in the everyday said...
This comment has been removed by the author.