Monday, February 23, 2009

"Not me!" Monday

Happy Monday to everyone out there! Thus begins another installment of "Not me!" Monday, as created and perpetuated by MckMama of My Charming Kids.

I definitely don't think that I have the cutest, most earnest little laundry helper ever. Nope, not me! Even if he remains convinced that his job is to diligently remove item after item from the the basket of clean laundry and put them on the floor. And if I did, I would certainly hardly mind the said dumping of the clothes, because my helper is so incredibly cute.

And I absolutely didn't expect to have a peaceful morning on Sunday, relaxing while Owen took a nap before heading to second service at 11 AM. Because that would have been futile, considering the state of the house. And because...

I for sure didn't get a call at 9:45 AM that someone wanted to come and see the house at 1:00 PM. Therefore, I certainly did not proceed to nearly fly through the house: picking up burp cloths, clearing counters, trying to keep a determined Owen from assaulting the laptop, scrubbing the sink, taking games from our Bible study game night upstairs, tossing toys & boxed games into the hamper, scrubbing counters, sweeping the floor, urging Ben & Kyle to hurry in cleaning their room. And my black dress shoes were not clacking on the hard floor all the time as I ran, in my long pencil-ish skirt (the type which is never intended for running), putting a basketful of clean laundry in the hall bathtub and hoping to high heaven that no one would look in there, tidying Owen's books, and working up quite a sweat during all of this, hoping all the while that my funk butter would hold out.

And if that had all happened, I certainly wouldn't have been composing my "Not me!" Monday post about it in my head all the while. Nope, not me!

Along those same lines...just before I was finally ready to head out the door to church, I certainly did not notice a certain aroma from Owen's diaper, and decide to ignore it for the time being. Definitely didn't knowingly drop him at the church nursery with a poopy diaper...no way! Just because I was already late and desperate to get into service before the last song ended? Absolutely not.

Okay. So I did. But I apologized profusely. And it was the first time ever...honest!

6 comments:

Searching for God in the everyday said...

I'm pretty sure I've never done that. At least not recently. Of course, my kids aren't in diapers anymore so I should certainly hope not! =) =) =)

paige said...

Woah!! Your church nursery will change poopy, CLOTH diapers??!! Your church rocks!! My husband won't even do that :)

Deb said...

So let me see if I get this right... you put the clean clothes in a hamper, in the tub and the dirty clothes on the kid, in the nursery? You my friend are one smart girl! You got out of any and all laundry- clean or dirty! I like your style! :-)
Hope that your frantic morning pays off and those people want to buy your place for more than you ask! ( one can dream right?) loved the post!

Anonymous said...

As I've said before, I love your "Not Me Monday" posts. Funny! Did your funk butter pass the test?

Rena said...

I love that you have a little laundry helper. My little laundry helper is into flinging things right now, then putting them back into the basket.
Isn't it fun?

Mindy said...

Cory-- I suppose that WOULD be weird.. :)

Paige-- Yeah...I kind of forget that everyone doesn't use cloth diapers. In my defense, his poops are in the playdough poop stage, so it's super easy to dump (which would be nice but isn't necessary). It was the new girl that I handed him to, though...hope she doesn't hate me now!

Deb-- No, toys went into the hamper, clean folded laundry went into the hall bathtub, and the stinky kid went into the nursery.

Mama-- As far as I can tell, the funk butter did beautifully. At least, no one wrinkled their nose when I talked to them.

Rena-- Owen does that too. It is SO cute. Counterproductive, of course, but cute.