Tuesday, February 12, 2013

a berry sweet time

Another busy weekend: we had a certain little (I mean big!) girls' birthday party.  She chose - and was very excited about - a Strawberry Shortcake theme.  You did know that Strawberry Shortcake is in again, didn't you?  It's like my own childhood all over again when I walk through the store these days...



For the first time ever, I chose not to bake my child's cake/cakes for a party.  We ordered these beauties from a rather famous local cake shop, and they were scrumptious!



Elise had a lovely group of girlfriends over to help celebrate, but as you may remember, I try not to post photos of other people's children on my blog.  Still, here's the birthday girl (and a couple of brothers).





Jeff's parents were able to join us, which is always lovely.   I have the best in-laws! 




In the end, it was a very sweet, very pink, very fun day, berry full day.  


2 comments:

Jill Foley said...

So sweet. I love the last photo!!

Mama said...

What a beautiful birthday girl! Love you, Elise!