Friday, February 8, 2013

more than rubies

This is a surprise guest post by Jeff (Mindy's husband)

I know it's cliche, but it's amazing what you see and hear when you stop and take a moment or two. Earlier this week I was sicker than I have been in a long time. So sick that I didn't even feel up to watching tv while I rested. So there was lots of quiet. And in that quiet, I heard things float up from downstairs every once in a while. Mindy's sing-song request for someone to complete an assignment. Her excitement at some small accomplishment or treasure that one of the littles brought to her. The stern words when there was disobedience. And the welcoming invitation to lunch when it was ready.

Mindy will claim it was delirium, but as I told her that day, I was reminded of why I love her so much and how amazing a woman she really is. I've always known, but being in a position to just listen and soak it all in was amazing. I know I don't tell her how amazing she is often enough. What a great teacher, nurse, chef, disciplinarian, cheerleader, counselor... Simply put, what a great mother she is and what a wonderful wife she is.

Thank you for all the hard work you do to keep Isom Academy and our household in general successful. If I could give you a raise, I would, but I can't so I hope my love and gratitude will suffice.

Mindy, You Rock! Thank you!

3 comments:

CristyLynn said...

Oh, so true! I'm blessed to know you, Mindy!

Ol' Dad said...

hear! hear!

Mama said...

You are an amazing woman, darling daughter, and I love you.