Friday, February 15, 2013

I was spared!

Remember this post?  The one where I was wondering rather self-indulgently whether or not I would fall to the same sicknesses which claimed (nearly) the rest of my family?

Just thought you might liked to know that... I was spared.  Against all odds, I was spared.  I think it's safe to say it now that this much time has passed.  In the face of high fevers, sleep-robbing coughs, and gastrointestinal distress, all I ended up with was a cold which had completely run its course within 48 hours -and a small cough.

Not bad.  Not bad at all.

What saved me?   The fermented food?  The extra cod liver oil?  The excessive hand-washing, the essential oils?  The crazy onion-in-a-bowl idea? The mercy and kindness of my Lord...or was it that and a blend of all of these other things?

I don't know.  In truth, I hardly care.  Because, although there are times when a day on the couch with an afghan and a warm beverage sound awfully inviting...I really did not want to be sick.

So I'll offer thanks to my Creator.  I'll continue to tinker with alternative and natural remedies.  And I'll certainly keep on washing my hands, and I'll accept it joyfully.

With or without an explanation, a gift is a gift.

No comments: