Thursday, September 18, 2008

chili night

We had chili for dinner tonight. I've had a hankering for it, and the weather was cool enough tonight for it to really hit the spot.
Wonder of wonders, Benjamin liked it! Seriously, he has never liked any kind of soup or stew before, including chili when I've made it. It's like some kind of miracle! He took one bite and said "Yum!" Granted, the bite was loaded with sour cream...but still.

Kyle, on the other hand, didn't share the same appreciation for the dish.
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

cworegon said...

As a sister to 8 brothers, I love reading about your little boys! I was reminded that I used to teach mommies that new foods may need to be 'presented' up to 6 times (!) before a kid will take a nibble!
Keep up the Betty-Cocker gig and thanks for the postings!
Claire

cworegon said...

oops, I mispelled Betty Crocker!
My brain works faster than my fingers.

Deb said...

so... gonna share the recipe with us? :-)

Mindy said...

Deb... It came from a cookbook and I am kinda nervous about posting it here without permission to do so. I can email it to you, maybe... I'll get back to you!

Claire... Thank you! Wow, eight brothers! You must have been super protected!

Rochelle said...

Mmmm. I've got chili in the crockpot as you got me all hungry for it. Love your new shirt too -- btw, I haven't seen a picture of you in a while and you are SO pretty. :) Just wanted to tell you.

Mindy said...

Aw, thanks! What a nice thing to say.