Monday, December 8, 2008

"Not me!" Monday

Here we go, another week of brutal honesty, as inspired by MckMama at My Charming Kids.

While at Costco a while back, I did not try to go visit some dishes I fell in love with last spring. And if I had, I certainly would not have been incredibly sad that I couldn't find them. Because they weren't super-cute, and I couldn't care less about ever having new dishes.

I definitely do not have a collection of lint wads on top of my dryer. That would be a little gross, so...nope, not me! Because I would certainly never be too lazy to take four steps to the garbage can to dispose of them after I clean the lint filter. For sure.

And I certainly am not thinking of stopping by the Dollar Store for the express purpose of stocking up on cheap home pregnancy tests. Because once the idea of possibly becoming pregnant enters my mind, it does not wreak havoc on my imagination until I know, one way or another. So there's no reason to anticipate that I might feel the need to test in the next few months. Also, I have never been known to use a home pregnancy test without a very good reason...I certainly wouldn't take on on a whim, simply because the thought happened to occur to me.

I am not utterly dreading the 10-hour drive to Idaho for Christmas, because I believe Owen will instantaneously decide that he does like traveling in his car seat, after all.

Speaking of Owen, I am not a completely hopeless Owen junkie. Because although each of my children is unique and wonderful in his own way, I definitely do not feel especially drawn toward the one who never talks back, doesn't refer to the food I prepare as "icky," and is always tickled pink to see me when I fetch him from the nursery at church. And he certainly is not in a most bewitching stage of development, which mostly involves a lot of crawling around and chuckling to himself as he finds new and interesting thing. Nope, I wouldn't be charmed by that at all!

And I am totally not digging all these italics.

4 comments:

Searching for God in the everyday said...

Do your kids complain about their food, too? Oh I am so relieved. I was beginning to think I was a terrible cook and my lovely husband just kept it to himself all these years!

paige said...

um.... My sister certainly didn't buy the pregnancy tests bulk online a hundred at a time & divvy them up between me & our other sister... That would still be a rediculous number of pregnancy tests... & if she did, i'd certainly have more than 7 left... wouldn't i?

Anonymous said...

"Not me! Monday" is always so well-written and something to grin about. I do remember two kids many years ago who didn't want to eat the food I cooked. As for Owen, I can hardly wait to watch him crawling around and chuckling to himself.

Rena said...

The lint on the dryer makes me smile. That's something I currently don't have to worry about. Everytime I do laundry, I have a little helper who is disappointed if I don't let her empty the lint tray.
I know how you feel about the long travel with a tiny tot.
Too cute about Owen chuckling. :)