Monday, December 15, 2008

"Not me!" Monday

Here is another Monday, and as always, my "Not Mes" are inspired by the lovely and charming MckMama.

On Saturday, we did not come home from Benjamin's birthday party to spend the afternoon unwrapping and playing with birthday gifts. Because there was quite a bit of laundry to be done, so I definitely would have done it. No piles of dirty clothes in my house, ever!

And our family did not have two consecutive family movie (dinner) nights over the weekend. And if we had, the first one would certainly not have been a meal of pizza leftover from earlier in the day. Because while pizza is utterly delicious, we definitely would never eat it for two out of three meals a day... And so of course, we wouldn't have spent dinnertime watching movies two nights in a row. Because how can you have a meaningful conversation while watching movies?

I certainly have started writing our family's Christmas letter this year, because I have not been a bit overwhelmed, somehow, by the cooking, cleaning, washing, birthday preparations, etc. in our house lately. And I definitely wouldn't spend any potential letter-writing time blogging, would I? That wouldn't be nearly as productive...

Furthermore, I have most definitely started wrapping Christmas presents. Because it's ten days until Christmas, for crying out loud!!!

Speaking of the Christmas season, I have absolutely not fallen off the "no sugar" wagon in the past two months or so. Because I am not at all tempted by sweets, and although I believe that sugar is a bigger health problem than most people think, I have certainly not succumbed on a number of occasions including Thanksgiving, a Pampered Chef party which featured chocolate, and Benjamin's birthday party. And also this morning, just because it was Monday. Definitely not.

Also? I have certainly not gained back 5 lbs since re-introducing sugar to my diet. What? I have more self-control than that, no matter what the scale might say...

1 comment:

Searching for God in the everyday said...

I am so glad that you don't have a challenge with sugar. I'm so glad I'm not the only one that doesn't have that problem! At least I'm in good company! =)