Tuesday, December 30, 2008

to grandmother's house we go

Whew! We arrived home late yesterday evening, following a 12+ hour drive. And of course here I am in the midst of the chaos that is my home, blogging! But I'm sure that inquiring minds want a taste of what our visit was like...right?

Here is the lovely Christmas tree
We brought our gingerbread house stuff with us, so that Jeff and the boys could enjoy their annual construction & decoration. Benjamin got bored and wandered off, but Kyle had so much fun decorating it with his dad. They worked hard. I love this tradition of ours; this is the third year.
Owen's first visit to Grandma & Grandpa's house had to include the quintessential bath-in-the-kitchen-sink. Excuse the weird lighting...I must've had the flash on or something...
My mom and Ben making Christmas cookies. Ben is holding his neck because after he hurt it, he truly walked around like that for 3 days. But thankfully it didn't mean he couldn't help make these sweet treats.


Jeff, my dad, Ben & Kyle got out to play on the last morning we were there. They built a snow fort and had a great snowball fight. I'm not sure which team I was rooting for...so I'm glad they ALL had fun!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

paige said...

Awwww! love the tubby shot! Is that a birthmark on his little leg? (i love birthmarks!)

Mindy said...

Yup! It's the only one our kids have. :)