Monday, December 22, 2008

"Not me!" Monday


Can I just take this moment to say that I love reading stuff from MckMama. She makes me want to be a better blogger. Ok... Hold onto your hats, people; here we go!

So, to start us off: I definitely don't start thinking about my "Not Me"s up to six days prior to Monday. Certainly not. I have much better things to occupy my thoughts. Jiminy, it's a small wonder that I am just now getting my Christmas letters sent out...

I for sure didn't choke back tears not once, not twice, but at least three times whilst reading Dr. Seuss's "Oh, the Places You'll Go!" on my firstborn's sixth birthday. Nope, not me. I would never be so sentimental. Certainly not about a Dr. Seuss book. Not ever. What's that? You recall my mentioning something about crying while reading "Horton Hatches the Egg"? I don't remember that at all.

I definitely am not loving this license to go wild with italics. Certainly not me! I am, if nothing else, a model of restraint. I haven't historically struggled with being too free with the passive voice, either. Not this girl. Just don't ask my English teachers. Or my dad.

And I certainly am not being kicked in the butt by the month of December this year! Never. Wait, what? You haven't received your Christmas letter in the mail yet?! Must be those poor overworked postal carriers...

No comments: