Saturday, April 4, 2009

the last spring in our first house

Here are a few photos of evidence of spring around here. The first flower to make its presence known in out yard is the stately daffodil. I planted these bulbs a few months before Benjamin was born.

It always brings me great joy to see the hyacinths blooming. What a wonderful surprise it was to discover these beauties in my yard the first spring! They've needed no tending, yet each year they came up, smelling heavenly, a kind of a promise to me after the long, rainy winter.

And the crowning glory of our yard in spring? These lovely trees out front. I am so thankful that I got to see them fully in bloom before we move away.

4 comments:

The Three Little Bears said...

Hi, I was looking up babywearing and just happened to find your blog. I live in north of Vancouver (not that far from you!). I just wrote a blog on babywearing and was wondering if you have any advice for a mama-to-be like me?

Searching for God in the everyday said...

Just beautiful!

Molly said...

Wow! That's just gorgeous - especially the tree!

Rena said...

Thanks for these photos!
Oh, I miss the blossoming trees of an Oregon spring.