Monday, April 20, 2009

the plan for Stellan: surgery

Prayers for Stellan

I've asked you to pray for baby Stellan a few times before this. Here I am, asking again.

He's been in the hospital for over four weeks now, and last week he was flown to Boston to be seen by a new doctor. It's been quite a roller coaster ride for this precious family. I cannot fathom what it must be like for the people who know and love this sweet boy.

He will be having surgery on Tuesday, for an ablation. It's a surgery not normally done on children this young (I believe they were hoping to hold off until he was 3 or 4 years old), and it does carry some risks.

Will you join me in praying for him? For Stellan, his doctors, and his family. Of course, it would be wonderful if God would choose to miraculously heal Stellan before the surgery. That may not be His will, or it may indeed be. Let's pray for comfort, peace, and a successful surgery.

But most of all, that God would continue to be glorified in this.


1 comment:

Molly said...

I can't stop thinking about that sweet baby boy - I'll be praying!