Wednesday, April 22, 2009

you can't always get what you want

Daddy: Ok, do you want us to say Psalm 23 or John 3:16 tonight?

Kyle: Is John 3:16 the one that starts with "The Lord is my shepherd..."?

Daddy: No, that's Psalm 23.

Kyle: I want that one.

Ben: No, I want us to say the other one!

Daddy: We can say that one too, but we'll do Kyle's choice first. He spoke up first.

(Daddy, Mama, Ben and Kyle begin reciting)

All: The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not be in want. He makes me lie down in green pastures, He leads me beside quiet waters, He restores my soul. He guides me in paths of righteous--

Kyle: Wait, is this the short one? I was looking for the short one...

7 comments:

Brigetta said...

HA!!! you gotta give the kid props for pure honesty :)

Deb said...

That is so funny! I can remember as a kid we used to do that and then we discovered the really cool stuff in the Bible.. like "Jesus Wept" and one of my brother's personal favs.. " as a dog returns to his vomit, so shall a foolish man return to his folly"... gotta love family devotions! :-)

Molly said...

That is really, really funny!! I remember we used to read 5 psalms every morning for family devotions and we would BEG my parents to skip Psalm 119!

Erin said...

That just gave me a good laugh!

Mama said...

Our grandsons are so entertaining!

Rena said...

Ha! Too funny. So did you end up saying both passages?

Mindy said...

Yup.