Wednesday, April 1, 2009

our future home

We were able to hang out in our new house today, while the inspector was there doing his thing. It was the first chance the boys had to see the inside. They were so excited, and frankly, so was I.

Here's part of the living room, as viewed from the study (aka the homeschooling room!).


This is a view of the kitchen, from the dining room. I love that we're going to have a nice, roomy dining room.

Another view of the kitchen. I can hardly wait to move my stuff in there!

Ben: Mom, what is this room that Kyle & I are in?
Me: Honey, that's a closet.
Ben, delighted: Oh!!

And, Owen & I in the master bathroom. The tub as a mirror at one end and a glass-walled shower at the other. I think the tub just may be big enough for birthing babies!


We had a great time. Benjamin & Kyle were so excited to be in there. They just ran around, explored, played hide and seek, and just rolled around on the carpet. It was so much fun to watch. And I really enjoyed working out furniture placement. Jeff is working on a scaled sketch at this very moment!


7 comments:

Molly said...

That is a fabulous house! I especially love the the big living room and master bath! And your own birth tub - that house was made for you!

Searching for God in the everyday said...

Looks like a beautiful home! Congrats again!

Ami said...

Beautiful, Mindy! So excited for you!

Mama said...

It looks wonderful! We are excited for you. The boys look so happy! Thanks for sharing the pictures.

Erin Miller Weiss said...

Mindy,
Thanks for introducing us to your blog through FB. I am thoroughly enjoying it. What a great new house - lots of room for a growing family!

Rena said...

Gorgeous! You will have so much fun there! Looks like lots of room to spread out.

Carolyn said...

your new house looks wonderful! congratulations!