Tuesday, March 31, 2009

day by numbers

3 young boys

1 tired adult

2 days left to pick up my books from the library's hold shelf

2 (short) naps that day

45 minutes before the roasting chicken should be turned in oven

1 determined visit to the library

1 minute I considered not taking a burp cloth into the building

5 times I said "Walking feet, inside voices!"

3 Dr. Seuss books gleefully discovered & brought, one by one, by Kyle

2 visits to the bathroom initiated by children

0 visits to the bathroom initiated by me

2 minutes between bathroom visits

1 colossal spit-up by Owen

3 times I felt profoundly grateful that I had brought the burp cloth after all

1 number of times I was looked on with sympathy by a young girl as I mopped up the splat

2+ dollars paid in fines because I am not as observant of due dates as I used to be

1 time greeted by Story Time man, who I met when I came with my 6-week-old only child

1 forehead sweaty from exertion

3 times I wondered how Story Time man's perception of me has changed in the past 6 years

6 books for boys

2 books for me

0 minutes left on oven timer when we arrived home

5 comments:

Searching for God in the everyday said...

I like it! Short sweet and to the point. I might just steal it someday... =)

Mama said...

Not a dull moment for a busy mama.

Molly said...

Cute idea! And it's reminding me of the library book that I found when we moved...and is still on the front seat of my car. Whoops!

Love the new header, btw!

Rena said...

Great post!
So Owen is still spitting up? I thought of you as I cleaned up one of Tobiah's explosions off my leg today : ) .

Mindy said...

Rena, it's been remarkably better since right around Thanksgiving. Still, he does have his moments. Just when I thought it was safe to leave the van without a burp cloth...